So, since last writing I’ve completed another academic year at university, and it’s flown by… hence the lack of updates. The knitting has carried on a pace, as I make the most of time both in lectures and at Stitch ‘n Bitch to work on projects. Stitch ‘n Bitch has been great fun this year, particularly due to my fellow committee members including the wonderful Jenny. Jenny, since the beginning of the year, has been trying to knit her ravelry queue; and has been carrying on a quite a pace. I have managed far fewer completed projects, or even WIPs, but here’s an update on projects since September.
These projects may not have been started since September, I lose track, but their demise occurred since then.
I decided that the pattern and the yarn didn’t work well together – the yarn’s too busy. I also reached the conclusion that I’m just not that won over on the pattern. It’s also slightly too big for most people too. While it’s not been frogged yet, it will be very shortly and the yarn needs a new project to be identified.
These look absolutely stunning; the colour repeats matching up exactly with the circles. However, the socks ended up massive and therefore no use to anyone. These have been frogged with the yarn awaiting a new project.
These, again, are socks which look absolutely great. I made the pattern up as I went along, which was both the problem and the success of them. They worked brilliantly to get round my perpetual problem with Zauberballs. I hate the unintended stripe, and hadn’t considered an after thought heel. The problem I had was hibernating the project then forgetting what I’d done. Oops. Since then, I’ve frogged it and used the yarn in another project… which will appear shortly.